Michael Jackson ft. Kanye West-Billie Jean 2008

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, December 1, 2008

    It's over....

    I think Mikey Rocks from the Cool Kids said it best:

    "And getting graphics in ya fade was fresh in the day
    But it was jacked by the losers I'm bout too say screw it and
    Grow a jerry curl wear a diaper like cupid or something else stupid
    And see if people do it and if they do it then that proves it
    People are juss losers and they'll anything if someone cool do it
    But they won't do it first so I guess they not cool
    And it's the end of the verse so I'm chucking that deuce"

    You're probably asking yourself what I'm talking about? Well, I'm talking about Hip-Hop's ability to birth and effectively kill their own fads by overuse and mad biting. Our newest case?

    The word: Swagger

    Swagger has been almost as used and abused as autotune (Save Kanye's brilliance) in hip-hop as of late. It has been so misused in fac, that it's actual functional meaning in the English language has been lost. According to our great friends at Merriam-Webster:

    1: to conduct oneself in an arrogant or superciliously pompous manner ; especially : to walk with an air of overbearing self-confidence
    2
    : boast , brag
    transitive verb: to force by argument or threat : bully


    Here's what Styles P had to say about the Abuse of the word Swagger:




    I can't lie though. I loved it when I first started using it, but then you have things like Soulja Boy's "Super Swag 18" bday party...I mean...Ok...that makes little to no sense...but whatever

    Anyway, thats my tidbit on life for the day and something I saw on Flyness Effect's Blog which sparked this whole post was:


    Download the Lil Wayne Mixtape under this...it's hot.
    Buy the Kanye CD

    -T. "...Why are you so Paranoid...?"


    No comments: